So haven’t posted a text post about my hair in a while, so heres something new for you guys!
As you guys know I’m on a natural hair/healthy hair journey….thought I’d update quickly cause theres a LOT of change in my hair.
Okay first of all, to monitor and analyse hair changes I capture what my hair looks like at least every week and keep a diary of what products I’m using and what products I’ve stopped using, my hair wash date and treatment dates.
As you know my healthy hair journey consists of minimal heat. Since december 2011 I’ve straightened my hair about 3 times (including my trip to the hairdressers).
Since I don’t straighten my hair much I’ve noticed my curl pattern change, I have SOOO much curl definition and my curls drop nicely. (My hair is of a kinky texture so I do have to go through a process to get it curly). Once I have spritzed my hair with olive oil, water and conditoner I add some eco styler gel (olive oil hold:10) to give me even more curl definition.
Oils & creams
- Using your fingertips, apply high quality castor oil to your roots and scalp.
- Make sure that you distribute the oil evenly on the scalp.
- Do your best to avoid the oil fro getting into your hair as its thick consistency may be hard to wash out.
- After applying it to your scalp, cover your hair with a plastic cap and wrap it in a towel.
- Let the oil stay in your hair for at least 15 to 20 minutes or allow it to set overnight.
- Wash it out with shampoo after to remove the castor oil.
- Do this once a week for 6-8 weeks to see the results.
I recently received Carol’s Daughter hair pomade sent to me by the lovely people @ gidore hair…and wow I must say I love this product! Its great at moisturising and all you need is a dab so a little really does go a long way.
Now I’ve turned into a right 100% natural kitchen hair product lover lol! Any fruits, bits and bobs that work with my hair I LOOOVE! Okay so one thing I whipped up was Mayo, Banana and honey as a leave in conditoner, I must say I loved it and the feeling of my hair but hated the banana in my hair…I’ll never be using that again.
Mayo & honey have become my two favourite hair products, when I wash my hair I noticed the mayo almost straightenes my hair whilst in the shower!
Tryna keep this post short and sweet hehe, hope you’re all doing good for healthy hair journeys…I’ll be setting myself some challenges that you can all follow in months to come.